Tel: (320) 634-7745
Fax: (320) 634-4388
16139 State Hwy 29, Glenwood, MN 56334
Services and Responsibilities
The Highway Department is responsible for maintenance & construction on all county streets & highways. The Department currently has 18 employees responsible for 370 miles of roadways and 64 bridges. Some specific duties within the Department
include the following:
- Planning, designing, constructing and inspecting all road and bridge projects.
- Preparation of a 5-year plan outlining proposed road and bridge projects.
- Acquisition of necessary easements and Right of Way.
- Administration of construction contracts and maintenance projects with an annual County State Aid allotment of $2,840,000.
- Annual safety Inspections of all bridges including township & city bridge.
- Providing County road maintenance, including ice and snow removal, on 240 miles of bituminous roads and 130 miles of gravel roads.
- New is the annual application of calcium chloride for dust control on gravel roads.
- Mowing and maintenance of county road ditches.
- Repairing and maintaining County vehicles and related equipment.
- Assist Townships & Cities with design & maintenance projects.
- Developing a bike/walking trail system for Pope County.