Google Analytics Tracking

Income Maintenance

Tel: (320) 634-7755
Fax: (320) 634-0164
Toll-Free: 844-864-2450
Email: Human Services
211 East Minnesota Avenue, Suite 200, Glenwood, MN 56334
Office Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.

SNAP (Food Support)

The SNAP (Food Support) program is a county-run, federal program administered through the U.S. Department of Agriculture that helps Minnesotans with low incomes get the food that's needed for sound nutrition and well-balanced meals. The program issues electronic food support benefits that can be used to purchase allowable food items from participating grocers. Read more at SNAP (Food Support)

To apply for SNAP go to to apply on line or print out and complete the Combined Application Form (CAF) (PDF). You can also get a CAF from your local county office or from the Minnesota Department of Human Services Web site.

The CAF is the application counties require you to complete to apply for SNAP and cash assistance. When your benefits begin, depends on the date the county receives the first page of the CAF. If you are not able to go to your county office for an interview, you may request a phone interview.

Emergency Programs

Health Care Programs

Effective January 1, 2014 you can apply online for Health Care through the new health insurance marketplace for Minnesotans called MNSure.

For an Application for Health Care go to

Cash Assistance Programs

Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP) and Diversionary Work Program (DWP):

The Minnesota Family Investment Program, or MFIP, is the state's welfare reform program for low-income families with children. MFIP helps families move to work and focuses on helping families. It includes both cash and food assistance. When most families first apply for cash assistance, they will participate in the Diversionary Work Program or DWP. This is a four month program that helps parents go immediately to work rather than receive welfare.

Some families may be referred to MFIP when they first apply for assistance or after they finish four months of DWP. MFIP helps families transition to economic stability. Parents are expected to work, and are supported in working. Most families can get cash assistance for only 60 months.

Refugee Cash Assistance:

The refugee resettlement program coordinates services to assist refugees in making the transition to life in the United States. The RCA program provides cash assistance to refugees who are ineligible for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or MFIP for up to 8 months after arrival in the United States. Only refugee's as defined by the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) are eligible.

General Assistance:

The General Assistance (GA) program provides cash assistance for single, unemployed adults without children, including people who are elderly, ill, injured or otherwise incapacitated.

Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA):

Minnesota Supplemental Aid (MSA) is a state-funded supplement for people who receive SSI.

Group Residential Housing:

Group Residential Housing (GRH) pays room and board for a group living situation which as a fixed rate contract with a county. This includes foster care settings for adults. It does not include shelters or medical care facilities.
Human Services Director
Nicole Names

Social Services Supervisor
Phyllis Reller

Child Support & Financial Assistance Supervisor
Paula Hoverud
(320) 634-7700 - Pope County Courthouse - 130 E. Minnesota Avenue - Glenwood, MN 56334
Bottom Info Get Adobe Reader to view PDF files |  Disclaimer |  Contact Us |  FAQ |  Intranet
© 2013 - 2018 Pope County, Minnesota