Monday - Friday
8:00AM to 4:30PM
Services and Responsibilities
The Assessor oversees the valuation and classification of all real property in Pope County.
The Assessor also appraises and classifies certain personal property for ad valorem property tax. Specific duties include:
- Locates the property within the County and determines which properties are subject to taxation.
- Determines the use of each property and assigns a classification based on that use.
- Determines which properties qualify for homestead classifications.
- Determines present estimated market value of each property and calculates the tax capacity based on its classification.
- Notifies the taxpayer annually of the classification and market value of their property.