Ordination (Ministerial)

Credentials to Perform Marriages

Ministers of any religious denomination, before they are authorized to solemnize a marriage, shall file a copy of their credential of license or ordination or, if their religious denomination does not issue credentials, authority from the minister's spiritual assembly, with the local registrar of a county in the State of Minnesota.

Filing Requirements

  • Completed Certificate of Ordination Filing. This can be done in person or it can be sent in the mail.
  • A copy of your original license or certificate of ordination 
  • Filing fee: $20.00  
    • Payable to: Pope County Recorder
  • Officiant must be 21 years of age

Registering by Mail

Mail to:
Pope County Recorder
130 East Minnesota Ave, Suite 206
Glenwood, MN 56334

Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. For additional information or questions call 320.634.7840.


Certificate of Ordination Filing.pdf